In today’s highly regulated workplace it is essential that all parties understand their rights and obligations. Preston Law provides comprehensive and timely legal advice to both employers and employees in all areas of employment and workplace relations law.
Clients in the transport, government, leisure, construction, mining, energy, resources, manufacturing, retail, tourism, hospitality, health, and not-for-profit sectors depend on us for expert legal advice, guidance and representation.
Our services include:
- Review of enterprise agreements and employment agreements
- workplace policies and procedures
- unfair dismissal, including advice on the Industrial Relations Act, the Fair Work Act and the Small Business Fair Dismissal Code
- general protections disputes, including making and defending adverse action claims
- redundancy and termination
- bullying and sexual harassment claims
- wages and conditions claims
- restraint of trade and non-competition agreements
- workplace investigations
- mediation and alternative dispute resolution
- court representation, and representation at tribunals including the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission and the Fair Work Commission
- performance management process
- work health and safety and workers compensation
Results for clients
- Successfully had a WorkCover decision not to accept a claim overturned on behalf of the employee.
- Successfully defended a $100,000.00 underpaid wages claim.
- Reduced damages in a prosecution brought by Workplace Health and Safety Queensland against our client by more than half despite our client admitting full liability.
- Assisted clients achieve compliance after receiving an improvement notice under the Work Health and Safety Act
- Undertook employer instigated investigations into allegations of child abuse by an employee.
- acting for and appearing on behalf of local governments in the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission regarding applications for reinstatement, conciliation conferences, and industrial disputes
- completing workplace investigations into complaints of bullying or sexual harassment
- providing advice and drafting documentation relating to disciplinary action against local government employees
- reviewing and preparing policies and procedures to ensure compliance with relevant legislative requirements.