Workplace and Employment Lawyers Cairns
In today’s highly regulated workplace, it is essential that all parties understand their rights and obligations. We provide comprehensive and timely legal advice to both employers and employees. Our Cairns-based team can assist in all areas of employment and workplace relations law.
Our clients work in many industries. These include transport, government, leisure, construction, mining, energy, resources, manufacturing, retail, tourism, hospitality, health, and not-for-profit sectors. Regardless of your industry, you can depend on us for expert legal advice, guidance, and representation.
Our services include:
- enterprise agreements
- employment contracts and agreements
- workplace policies and procedures
- unfair dismissal, including advice on the Industrial Relations Act, the Fair Work Act, and the Small Business Fair Dismissal Code
- general protections disputes, including making and defending adverse action claims
- redundancy and termination
- bullying and sexual harassment
- wages and conditions claims
- restraint of trade and non-competition agreements
- workplace investigations
- mediation and alternative dispute resolution
- court representation, and representation at tribunals including the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission and the Fair Work Commission
- design and implementation of compliance strategies
- performance management process
- work health and safety and workers’ compensation
Results for clients
- Successfully defended a $100,000.00 underpaid wages claim.
- Reduced damages in a Workplace Health and Safety Queensland prosecution against our client. Our client admitted full liability, and we succeeded in reducing damages by more than half.
- Assisted clients in achieving compliance after receiving an improvement notice under the Work Health and Safety Act.
- Successfully had a WorkCover decision to accept a claim overturned, on behalf of the employer.
- Undertook an investigation, instigated by the employer, into allegations of child abuse by an employee.
- Acting for and appearing on behalf of local governments in the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission. This included applications for reinstatement, conciliation conferences, and industrial disputes.
- Completing workplace investigations into complaints of bullying or sexual harassment
- Providing advice and drafting documentation relating to disciplinary action against local government employees.
- Reviewing and preparing policies and procedures to ensure compliance with relevant legislative requirements.
- Successfully defended an application for reinstatement on behalf of the employer.