It’s hard enough being a builder today, without worrying about legal issues.
From security of payment legislation, the changes to the BIF Act, dealing with the QBCC, unrealistic owners, subbies and suppliers, and even the weather, we know things can be tough for you.
Preston Law can be your building and construction lawyers. Our team will help you through those challenges and let you focus on your core business.
Legal Advice for Contracts
A good builder needs a strong foundation, and you need a well-written contract to protect your rights and interests. At Preston Law we can:
At Preston Law we can:
- Help you select the right contract for your job;
- Review the standard contracts and ‘terms and conditions’ you already have in place;
- Assist you if issues crop up with the owners, your subcontractors, or the QBCC;
- Help with complaints and disputes about defects (in the unlikely event they arise); and
- Provide debt recovery services to help chase money you are owed under the contract.
We have experience and expertise as your building and construction lawyers. From issues at the start of the job, until you get paid in full and the end of the defects liability period, we can help.
Call Us Now For A Free Initial Consultation
Building Dispute Lawyers
Building and construction disputes can come in many forms and between different parties. Whether the conflicts are with the building owner, subcontractors or another party, we can help.
Our construction lawyers will provide expert advice and legal services to guide you through any building or payment disputes. We have experience in resolving building and construction disputes. Our team will support you through negotiation, mediation and, if necessary, representation in court and in tribunals like the QCAT (Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal).
Assisting With Public and Government Contracting
Our highly experienced team can be beneficial for public and government projects, through the following:
- offering legal representation for supply contracts,
- aiding contract reviews and negotiations,
- making sure regulations are met,
- providing help with legal proceedings,
- and offering guidance on construction agreements related to delays, defects, or variations.