It’s hard enough being a builder today, without worrying about legal issues.
From security of payment legislation, the changes to the BIF Act, dealing with the QBCC, unrealistic owners, subbies and suppliers, and even the weather, we know things can be tough for you.
Preston Law can be your building and construction lawyers, to help you through those challenges, and let you focus on your core business.
Just as a builder knows a solid slab is the foundation of every good build, we know a properly drafted contract is the legal foundation you need to make sure your rights and interests are protected as much as possible.
At Preston Law we can:
- Help you select the right contract for your job;
- Review the standard contracts and ‘terms and conditions’ you already have in place;
- Assist you if issues crop up with the owners, your subcontractors, or the QBCC;
- Help with complaints and disputes about defects (in the unlikely event they arise); and
- Provide debt recovery services, to help chase money you are owed under the contract.
We have experience and expertise as your building and construction lawyers, from all issues from the start of the job, until you get paid in full and the end of the defects liability period.