Our experienced procurement team has an unmatched record in quality and service delivery for government contracting matters of all types and in a range of industry sectors. Ensuring a transparent, ethical, and fair procurement process doesn’t have to be complicated. Our experience, combined with a thorough understanding of the issues involved, means we know where things go wrong and how to get them back on track.
Probity is an area which requires experience, skill, attention to detail, and a thorough understanding of a multitude of issues at play, often all at the same time. With an accredited probity advisor as part of our local government advisory team, Preston Law has both the training and experience to capably advise Council on all matters relating to probity and/or procurement.
We also act for consultancy agencies engaged to provide services as Superintendent or Project Manager under Contracts, including bespoke contracts and Australian Standards.
- procurement strategies;
- expressions of interest and tendering documentation;
- advice on assessment criteria, evaluation methods, contents of reports and recommendations;
- probity advice and reporting;
- contract management;
- legal compliance;
- right to information applications; and
- complaints and disputes; and
Results for Clients
- Preparing a full suite of Request for Tender documents for large-sized contracts for goods and services;
- Acting as probity advisor for three large regional local governments that were jointly procuring services for a waste collection contract;
- Acting as probity advisor for two port authorities that were jointly procuring services for a towage contract;
- Successfully applying to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission on behalf of two regional local governments for authorisation to conduct a joint procurement activity;
- Acting in all aspects of contract management, including providing specific advice to contract managers and acting in the capacity as contract manager.