Preston Law provides commercial solutions to government agencies and commercial and private developers in relation to Queensland and Commonwealth planning and environment laws.
We help clients effectively manage compliance and risk management issues, using our deep local knowledge to deliver strategic advice and representation.
Our planning and environment law practice spans:
- development applications
- Planning Act advice
- planning and environment court appeals
- land use declarations
- planning submissions
- state land acquisitions
- conservation agreements
- Vegetation Management Act compliance advice
- environmental prosecutions.
Contact us to learn more.
Results for clients
- Planning & Environment Appeal - Acting for Council in two applicant conditions appeal for a reconfiguration application. Issues included traffic management, park land and lot layout, appeals resolved by consent orders along with originating application to amend conditions.
- Providing advice to Palm Island Aboriginal Shire Council on Palm Island Planning Scheme in relation to preparation and adoption of first Sustainable Planning Act planning scheme.
- Environmental compliance audit of marine maintenance facility. Negotiation of environmental authority conditions, general compliance advice and issue of environmental authority.
- Planning & Environment Appeal - Acting for the Appellant in a submitter appeal against a conditional approval of the Douglas Iconic Panel for a multiple dwelling (6 unit) development at Murphy Street, Port Douglas.
- Environmental Protection Act – objection to grant of environmental authority. Land Court hearing to determine objection. Outcome environmental authority recommended for approval.
- Queensland Government Social Housing Project - Advice to Council in relation to IDAS assessment under the Sustainable Planning Act of 50 lot residential housing project on Palm Island. Conditions of development agreed and project under construction.
- Acting for Applicant in an application to amend conditions of approval. Issues included flooding and buffer zone for spray drift associated with adjoining agricultural uses. Earlier Court order amended with conditions negotiated with landowners and Council.
- Acquisition of Ikon Sands, Mareeba – Conducted compliance and due diligence investigations in relation to proposed purchase of business entity. Completed assignment of various environmental authorities and sales permits.
- Environmental Protection Act objection. Land Court hearing relating to grant of environmental authority. Environmental authority recommended for grant by Land Court.
- Planning & Environment Appeal – Acting for the Appellant in a refusal appeal relating to a material change of use (juvenile care facility) development application. Through negotiations, the appeal was finalised by way of consent order.