Employment Lawyers Cairns
Workplaces today are highly regulated and keeping up with your rights and obligations can become confusing. Our employment lawyers can take the stress out of workplace relations law for you by providing comprehensive and timely legal advice to both employers and employees.
No matter what industry you are from, we can help you.
Our employment lawyers can help you manage issues in relation to your workplace. We can provide advice and assistance on:
- Unfair Dismissal
- Workplace bullying
- Workplace discrimination and sexual harassment
- Wages claims
As a business owner, it is important to ensure you understand the laws relating to managing your staff. Our employment lawyers can give you practical advice on all matters relating to the workplace and help you with:
- Preparation of employment contracts
- Restraints of trade and non-competition agreements
- Design and implementation of compliance strategies
- Performance management in the workplace
- Unfair dismissal claims made against your business
- Bullying and harassment claims made against your business
- Wages and conditions claims made against your business
- Workers compensation claims
- Workplace health and safety prosecutions
Free Initial Consultations
Our employment lawyers offer employees and employers a free initial consultation. The last thing you need to worry about is legal fees, which is why we will offer fixed fee services in some cases.
Results for clients
- Successfully had a WorkCover decision not to accept a claim overturned on behalf of the employee.
- Successfully defended a $100,000.00 underpaid wages claim.
- Reduced damages in a prosecution brought by Workplace Health and Safety Queensland against our client by more than half despite our client admitting full liability.
- Assisted clients achieve compliance after receiving an improvement notice under the Work Health and Safety Act
- Undertook employer instigated investigations into allegations of child abuse by an employee.
- acting for and appearing on behalf of local governments in the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission regarding applications for reinstatement, conciliation conferences, and industrial disputes
- completing workplace investigations into complaints of bullying or sexual harassment
- providing advice and drafting documentation relating to disciplinary action against local government employees
- reviewing and preparing policies and procedures to ensure compliance with relevant legislative requirements.