Cairns Family Lawyers
Preston Law has Cairns’ largest family law team providing expert advice and solid support in all family law matters.
No matter what stage you are at in your divorce or separation, our Cairns family lawyers can help you understand your legal rights. Ensure you seek expert legal advice, so you know your entitlements and obligations.
Our experienced family lawyers will work with you to achieve the best possible outcome and reduce the stress of separation and divorce. As family law experts, we help you navigate through child custody and child support arrangements to ensure the best outcome for you and your children is reached.
We also aim to minimise your emotional and financial stress. This is why we offer payment plans and deferred payment options to ease the financial burden of resolving your family law matter.
With offices in Cairns and Townsville, no matter where you are in North Queensland, we’re here to protect your interests and entitlements.
Our Family Law Services
Family Law Expertise
An established family law firm since 1991, Preston Law is dedicated to ensuring your rights are properly protected. If you are considering divorce or separation, we pride ourselves on providing affordable law services, by local experienced family law experts. Whether you are seeking assistance with organising child support arrangements, or require legal representation in family law courts, Preston Law can help.
Call us now for a free family law consultation.
Results for family law clients
Our family and divorce lawyers have resolved family law issues of all kinds for clients Everything from large property settlements to complex child custody and relocation issues, including:
- Multi-million-dollar property settlements. Several of these were settled in our client’s favour before the trial date, saving them the added stress, expense and delay of court proceedings;
- An international child relocation matter, where the Family Court sanctioned the child to live with our client outside Australia;
- A de facto property settlement that was complicated by the fact that we had to first prove a de facto relationship existed;
- Drafting Binding Financial Agreements for clients with large asset pools to protect children from previous relationships;
- Resolving the majority of our clients’ property and parenting matters by negotiation without resorting to Court proceedings;
- A child custody matter, where we acted for the grandparents to remove the children from parents who both had drug and mental health issues;
- Complex property settlements where we successfully litigated and received favourable Court Orders for our client. The settlements involved multiple family trusts, and companies, Self-Managed Super funds and several real estate properties;
- Parenting matters where one parent has obtained final Family Court Orders for sole parental responsibility and the children to live with them;
- Assisted indigenous foster parents in the Children’s Court with proceedings that concerned their foster child;
- Successfully acted for applicants in respect to obtaining Interim and final Protection Orders;
- Successfully defended respondents so that Protection Order Applications against them were withdrawn or made for minimal periods of time.
For an obligation free, initial consultation please contact our family lawyers in Cairns and Townsville.