Cairns Family Lawyers
Preston Law has Cairns' largest family law team giving expert advice and solid support in all family law matters.
No matter what stage you are at in your divorce or separation, our Cairns family lawyers can help you understand your legal rights so you know your entitlements and obligations.
Our experienced family lawyers will work with you to achieve the best possible outcome and reduce the stress of your divorce or separation. Local experts, we help you navigate through child custody and child support arrangements to ensure you reach the best outcome for you and your children.
We want to minimise the emotional and financial stress for you, which is why we offer payment plans and deferred payment options that can ease the financial burden of resolving your family law matter.
Our Family Law Services
Family Law Expertise
An established family law firm since 1991, Preston Law is dedicated to ensuring your rights are properly protected. Whether you are considering divorce or separation, or you require legal representation in family law courts, we pride ourselves on providing affordable law services by local, experienced family law experts.
Call us now for a free family law consultation.
Results for family law clients
Our family and divorce lawyers have resolved family law issues of all kinds for clients, from large property settlements to complex child relocation issues, including:
- Multi-million dollar property settlements, several of which we settled in our client’s favour before the trial date, saving them the added stress, expense and delay of court proceedings;
- An international child relocation matter where the Family Court sanctioned the child to live with our client outside Australia;
- A de facto property settlement, complicated by the fact that we had to first show that a de facto relationship existed;
- Drafting Binding Financial Agreements for clients with large asset pools to protect children from previous relationships;
- Resolving the majority of our clients’ property and parenting matters by negotiation without resorting to Court proceedings;
- A child custody matter, where we acted for the grandparents to remove the children from parents who both had drug and mental health issues;
- Complex property settlements where we successfully litigated and received favourable Court Orders for our client in matters involving multiple family trusts, and companies, Self-Managed Super funds and several real properties;
- Parenting matters where one parent has obtained final Family Court Orders for sole parental responsibility and the children to live with them;
- Assisted indigenous foster parents in the Children’s Court with proceedings dealing with their foster child;
- Successfully acted for Applicants in respect to obtaining Interim and final Protection Orders;
- Successfully defended respondents so that Protection Order Applications against them were withdrawn or made for minimal periods of time.