Property matters can quickly become complicated, which is why it is imperative that your legal team has a thorough understanding of all aspects of property transactions.
We have acted for Councils and other government entities across Queensland in virtually all government related property matters. We understand the commercial realities local governments and government entities generally face, and we bring that experience to bear by achieving cost-effective outcomes, even in the most difficult of circumstances.
We also have extensive experience providing strategic advice on the management of all types of land tenure, including strategies for reserve land and other types of tenure under theLand Act 1994,Aboriginal Land Act 1991andTorres Strait Islander Land Act 1991.
- Acting for government entities throughout Queensland in various leasing matters, including high-value leasing matters, for a range of different infrastructure, including airport infrastructure, telecommunications infrastructure, and commercial buildings;
- Acting for government entities throughout Queensland in high-value commercial transactions, including the purchase and sale of commercial land;
- Preparing easements, including public utility easements, on behalf of government entities, including Councils and electricity providers, as part of development approval conditions and to assist in the maintenance of key pieces of infrastructure;
- Acting for multiple local governments across Queensland to take steps associated with selling or acquiring land for arrears of rates and charges underthe Local Government Regulation 2012.
Acting for many government agencies to acquire land for relevant public purposes pursuant to the Acquisition of Land Act 1969 in most cases by way of reaching agreement with the landowners but also by way of compulsory acquisition where necessary.
Acting for a number of local governments to review their leasing arrangements on property held by them including commercial and industrial premises, drafting appropriate leases and then assisting these clients to implement a leasing program which has in most cases generated a significant return on the assets held by these clients which has not been realized previously.
- Acting for one of the largest regional airport operators providing leases and advice on all their commercial leasing of airport infrastructure.
- Acting for a number of western local governments in the development of an industrial estate and subsequent leasing to business operators to build businesses and delivery of services in these remote regions.
- Acting for a number of regional local governments to develop economic development opportunities including drafting of development and construction leases to bring in commercial and industrial businesses to create employment and other opportunities in regional Queensland.
Results for Clients
- Acting for indigenous local governments in establishing, from the ground up, leasing programs for its commercial leasing throughout the community, and in establishing 99-year homeownership leasing programs under theAboriginal Land Act 1991.
- Acting for various local governments in implementing a strategy to deal with arrears of rates for their local government areas.