Sale of Business Lawyers Cairns
At Preston Law, our commercial lawyers recognise the high stakes of buying or selling a business or commercial property. We bring the benefit of our experience handling high-value commercial transactions across Queensland.
Whether you are buying or your business is for sale in Cairns, our approach is innovative, fresh and pragmatic. This means that we will ensure the best outcome for you.
You will benefit from our team’s experience and sound advice, across a spectrum of commercial and business issues.
Our team provides legal services for buyers and sellers in purchasing and selling residential and commercial properties, businesses, assets, and stock.
Over the past 3 years, our transactional team has handled over $750m in transactions for buyers and sellers.
Partner Danielle Little leads the firm’s commercial legal team and can call on the experience of another 13 lawyers if required. This expands the service offering, which includes:
- Industrial relations issues connected to transactions;
- Planning and environmental issues connected to transactions;
- Taxation and structuring issues;
- Finance and insurance;
- Land tax; and
- Succession arrangements.
Results for clients
- We helped sell shares on behalf of business owners, for $25 million in cash and shares.
- We acted as the sellers' representatives in a $16 million sale of the Raging Thunder Adventures business and properties. The buyer was an ASX-listed company, Skydive the Beach.
- Acting for the vendor in an $18 million disposal of a chemical engineering business to a multinational corporation.
- Acting for a corporation in disposing of $3 million in complex mixed assets to a multinational corporation.
- Acting for the vendors in the $11 million disposal of an online marketing business to a foreign public company. This includes advising on statutory compliance, taxation issues and intellectual property rights.
- Acting for the purchaser in acquiring a Queensland-based Copper Mine from the receivers of an ASX-listed seller. This included advising on secured party rights, native title, access rights and taxation implications arising from novation.
- Acting for the seller of a leading tourism North Queensland business valued at $12 million. The associated infrastructure included a fully serviced accommodation park, transfer of state tenures and tourism authority.
For vendors, our business sale lawyers will guide you through the sale process, ensuring the business owner’s interests are maintained.
For potential buyers, we conduct due diligence and handle the documentation of all transactions, to help you avoid any surprises in the future.