At Preston Law, our commercial lawyers recognise the high stakes involved in the sale or purchase of a business or commercial property. We bring to the table the benefit of our years of experience handling high-value commercial transactions across Queensland and New South Wales. Our innovative, fresh, and pragmatic approach to business transactions will ensure the best outcome for you.
Our experience will give you the benefit of sound advice balanced against real-world practicalities across a spectrum of commercial and business issues.
Our transactional team acts for both vendors and purchasers in the acquisition and disposal of residential and commercial real estate and going concern businesses, assets, and shares.
Over the past 3 years, our transactional team has handled in excess of $750m in transactions for both buyers and sellers.
The team is led by Partner Tim Dobinson and is comprised of 4 lawyers, with the ability to call on the experience of another 12 lawyers when required to augment the service offering, including:
- Industrial relations issues connected to transactions;
- Planning and environment issues connected to transactions;
- Taxation and structuring issues;
- Finance and insurance;
- Land tax; and
- Succession arrangements.
Results for clients
- Acting as lead partner in respect of the negotiation and ultimate transaction of a high-rise office building in Sydney’s CBD and the sale and leaseback for total consideration in excess of $70 million.
- Acting for purchaser in respect to the proposed acquisition of a $40 million pastoral allocations and cattle herd exceeding 40,000 head. This transaction involved due diligence in respect to land tenure issues, the legal entitlement of Receivers and Administrators to dispose of assets; review and advice on a 170-page Contract on behalf of three separate vendors to two purchasing entities.
- Acting for vendors in respect of the disposal of shares in a business entity for a total consideration of $25 million in cash and shares.
- Acted for the vendors in the $16 million disposal of business and real property assets comprising the Raging Thunder Adventures business to ASX listed company Skydive the Beach.
- Acting for a vendor in respect of the disposal of an $18 million development site including the drafting of appropriate special conditions, dealing with due diligence and planning approvals and conditions.
- Acting for a corporation in the disposal of $3 million in complex mixed assets to a multi-national corporation.