Our building and construction lawyers helps clients achieve commercial and timely outcomes in their building and construction matters, effectively navigating the regulatory, political, and environmental issues that can arise.
We advise and represent local councils and other clients across Queensland and interstate, including owners, developers, builders, investors, and other stakeholders.
We capably serve clients on issues involving:
- subcontractor’s charges
- Building and Construction Industry Payment Act claims
- disputes, alternative dispute resolution (ADR), and litigation.
Contact us for legal support for your building and construction projects.
Results for clients
- Seisia to Bamaga Sewerage Pipeline Project. Obtaining government approvals for construction of Seisia Bamaga Sewerage Pipeline including preparation of Native Title Future Act Notices and negotiating and implementing cultural heritage management arrangements. Project completed and constructed.
- Appointment as probity coordinator for Commonwealth and State Government social housing construction contract within Yarrabah Aboriginal Shire Council local government area including preparation of conditions of tender, and tender specifications.
- Karumba Sewerage Scheme Project – Contract Dispute. Acting for Council in a construction contract dispute with contractor associated with variations claimed by the contractor.
- Kitchner Bligh Social Housing Project – Providing advice in relation to ‘delay’ payments payable under construction contract.
- Prosecution of claim including District Court proceedings for damages for breach of contract for supply and installation of plant and equipment for public road works.
- Acted for Tablelands Regional Council in arbitration proceedings disputing claims for variations made by the contractor under road infrastructure contracts.