Preston Law provides legal advice to developers and investors on commercial property acquisitions, leasing, and disposals throughout Queensland as well as interstate.
The complexities of property law can create unwanted hurdles and put pressure on developers, investors, and owner-occupiers. Preston Law provides commercially focussed legal support to help you better manage the risks and leverage the opportunities to meet your business objectives.
Our commercial team settles commercial property transactions valued at tens of millions of dollars each year. Clients who trust us with their work include Australia’s largest commercial lessor, one of Australia’s largest privately held property consortiums, Australia’s leading real estate service provider, and countless lessors and lessees.
With both Japanese and Mandarin speaking lawyers on staff, we also capably advise international clients on their commercial transactions.
Preston Law commercial property services and expertise spans:
- property and business transactions, acquisitions and disposals
- retail, commercial, and industrial leasing
- body corporate law
- planning applications and appeals
- land subdivisions, including off the plan projects
- unit developments, including strata title hotels and off the plan projects
- commercial/industrial land and building transactions
- compliance with the Managed Investments Act, the Land Sales Act, Community Managers Act and the Body Corporate Act
- Land Act transactions
- Managed Investments Act
- migration and overseas investment
- Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB) advice for overseas clients
Contact us for commercially focused legal support.
Results for clients
- Acting for the vendor in the disposal of high-rise office assets (Spring Street, Sydney CBD) for $70M, and the accompanying $26M leaseback arrangements.
- Acting for a vendor in respect of the disposal of an $18 million development site including the drafting of appropriate special conditions, dealing with due diligence and planning approvals and conditions.
- Acting for the vendor in an $18M disposal of a chemical engineering business to a multinational corporation.
- Acting for the vendor in the disposal of a tourism park and crocodile farming assets to French listed entity – Luis Vuitton Moet Hennessy Limited – for $2.6M.
What our clients say
Smada Property Group and the NightOwl Retail Group have relied exclusively on Preston Law for our groups’ acquisition and leasing operations for the past 6 years. I have no hesitation in recommending them to other prospective clients.Adam Adams | Smada Projects.
With responsibility for appointing legal service providers for the Christie Group commercial property portfolio and the Homemaker Retail Property Trust (now incorporated into Lend Lease/GPT), I have engaged many of Australia’s top tier legal firms over the last 36 years.Paul Marshall | Christie Corporate..
In 2013, I appointed Preston Law as the sole legal services provider for all of our commercial property entities. Preston Law acted for us on the sale of a property in NSW for $70M. I absolutely recommend Preston Law to any potential clients – top tier legal services at Cairns prices.