Admitted to the Supreme Court of Queensland in 2007, Sean worked at a Gold Coast firm in commercial litigation, focusing on civil, property and contractual disputes, body corporate disputes, security for payment disputes, and debt recovery.
Sean then worked for a mining company for 6 years, in procurement and commercial and contract management, including 3 years working on-Site. Working on-Site Sean gained a genuine understanding of the challenges and disputes faced by businesses, suppliers and contractors in the real world.
This diverse experience stands Sean in good stead, having moved to Cairns and back into litigation and dispute resolution, where he focuses on achieving practical, cost effective solutions for clients’ legal needs.
Sean joined Preston Law in 2019 and his practice includes:
- Civil and commercial litigation
- Contract disputes
- Contract drafting and contract advisory work, including AS and industry contracts
- Partnership, shareholder and director disputes
- Building and construction disputes and BCIPA disputes
- Property disputes
- Debt recovery (including enforcement proceedings)
- Actions under the Australian Consumer Law