Preston Law provides strategic and viable solutions to insolvency practitioners, company directors, and individuals as well as those facing financial difficulties.
We draw on our commercial, litigation, property, and employment law expertise to effectively address the often complex and detailed issues involved in insolvency and reconstruction matters.
Our experience extends across businesses involved in the tourism, transport, property, retail, hospitality, construction, mining, and agricultural sectors.
- Voluntary administration
- Loan defaults
- Preference claims
- Asset and risk management
- Drafting commercial lending contracts
Contact us for strategic and commercially viable advice.
Results for clients
- Advising directors in respect of proceedings commenced by a liquidator seeking to recover in excess of $1.5M, relating to alleged breaches of duty.
- Acting for liquidators in proceedings against directors for breach of duties, commencing 13 years prior to our instructions.
- Acting for a liquidator in successfully resisting appeal proceedings brought by a creditor in the Supreme Court of Queensland, arising from our client’s rejection of a ‘proof of client’ and asserting constructive trust against $2M in assets.
- Advising the board of directors of an ASX listed entity in regards to the successful proposal and adoption of DOCA effecting a restructure and capitalisation of $50M in creditor and equity claims.