Penny joined the Preston Law in 2010 as a trainee solicitor, responsible for the firm's Conveyancing work. Admitted as a solicitor in 2011, she now works predominantly in commercial and local government law.
Her skills and experience span:
- commercial transactions, including purchases and sales of commercial businesses, properties, and farms
- commercial leasing and trusts
- property development projects
- business transactions – drafting contracts, reviewing financial documents, drafting/reviewing trust deeds, leasing
- establishing companies and incorporated associations.
Penny provides her clients with value for money and outstanding service as she supports their business and commercial objectives with sound legal advice.
Her experience includes:
- Acting as lead associate on the negotiation, execution, and ultimate acquisition of an $11 million mixed use commercial building, including 45 leases in Townsville.
- Acting as the senior lawyer assisting the lead partner in respect of the negotiation and transaction of Sydney high-rise building for $70 million.
- Acting for a corporation in the disposal of $3 million in complex mixed assets to a multi-national corporation.
- Acting for a large GOC in relation to a 12 month ACCC investigation into a third line forcing complaint. The investigation was resolved with no penalties being pursued.
- Acting for a tablelands family farming partnership as a fourth party in a nine party action in the Federal Court where damages in excess of $10 million were sought for breach of Section 52 of the Trade Practices Act. The action was resolved heavily in favour of our client and 100% indemnity was subsequently recovered from our client’s insurer.
- Acting for a family corporation in taking proceedings against one of “the big four” banks in the Queensland Supreme Court for breaches of Section 52 of the Trade Practices Act. The action was resolved with our client recovering in excess of $2 million in compensation.