Rachel is a degree-qualified Human Resources Professional with over 10 years’ of experience working within a Local Government Human Resources Team. During Rachel’s time within Local Government, she focussed on industrial relations, grievance management, leadership coaching, change management, and complex workplace investigations. Prior to her time in Local Government, Rachel worked in Human Resource roles within civil construction and property development companies.
Rachel has a passion for delivering value to clients and ensuring that their Human Resource activities are strategically aligned with the business’s goals and objectives. Rachel likes to employ a common-sense approach when dealing with workplace matters and strives to achieve the best outcomes for clients.
Rachel’s experience includes:
- Conducting complex workplace investigations and providing impartial, independent reports with recommendations.
- Drafting letters of allegations and managing employee disciplinary processes.
- Providing advice regarding the management of ill/injured workers
- Appearing before the QIRC, QHRC and HRC in unfair dismissal matters, industrial disputes and discrimination matters.
- Facilitating the negotiation and implementation of certified agreements and workplace-specific agreements
- Providing comprehensive advice to Local Governments regarding their obligations across Queensland Local Government Industry Award Streams.
- Performance management, including drafting and review of templates and providing coaching regarding the process.
- Facilitating employee consultation processes to support organisational change management activities.
- Conducting HR Audits to ensure employers are meeting their obligations under applicable industrial instruments and providing findings and advice on findings.
- Drafting and reviewing Human Resources workplace policies and procedures.
- Workforce planning activities; including facilitating organisational restructures and consultation, developing organisational charts, drafting and review of position descriptions and conducting classification assessments and reviews.
- Conducting end-to-end recruitment.
- Staff Performance reviews, including drafting and review of templates and providing coaching regarding the undertaking of reviews.
- Drafting of documentation and undertaking processes relating to the employment lifecycle.