Penny is a Senior Associate in the firm's Commercial and Estate teams. Her skills and expertise span:
- Commercial transactions, including purchases and sales of commercial properties and rural and farming properties
- Commercial, industrial and retail leasing
- Property development projects
- Business transactions
- Drafting and reviewing security documentation
- Business structuring including trusts, partnerships and companies
- Establishing not for profit organisations and drafting governance documentation
- Acting for clients in all aspects of estate planning, advising on and preparing Wills, Enduring Power of Attorney, Advanced Health Directives, trusts, and superannuation documents.
- Estate administrations, including grant of probate, letters of administration, and simple estate administrations.
Penny provides her clients with value for money and outstanding service as she supports their individual, business, and commercial objectives with sound legal advice.
Her experience includes:
- Acting as the lead associate on the negotiation, execution, and ultimate acquisition of an $11 million mixed use commercial building, including 45 leases in Townsville.
- Acting as the lead associate assisting the lead partner in respect of the negotiation and transaction of Sydney high-rise building for $70 million.
- Acting for a vendor of a mixed use adventure tourism/crocodile farm operation in respect to the sale of its freehold business to an Australian subsidiary of Louis Vuitton, Molt Hennsey, with a total transaction value in excess of $3 million.
- Acting as the lead associate on the acquisition of a $9 million mixed use retail building, in Cairns.
- Acting for a property consortium in the disposal of Cairns CBD boutique hotel premises and associated business.
- Assisting the lead partner in respect of the sale of a mixed use adventure tourism operation to a listed company, with a total transaction value of in excess of $15.4 million. Her role included assisting in the negotiation of the agreements and assisting with the extensive due diligence.
- Acting for a purchaser in respect of a sale and leaseback of an industrial portfolio from the One Steel group of companies for a transaction value of $4.5 million and a 10 year leaseback on a triple net basis.
- Acting for a vendor in respect of the disposal of an $18 million Cairns CBD development site including the drafting of appropriate special conditions, dealing with due diligence and planning approvals and conditions.
- Acting for one of Australia’s largest privately held property consortiums in respect to all their retail shop leasing and office leasing interests.