Personal Injury Cairns
Preston Law in Cairns aims to provide compensation services that achieve the maximum settlement for you at the lowest cost, and in the shortest possible time, without the need to go to court. Our lawyers will help you understand your legal rights, entitlements and obligations.
Visit our Cairns Injury Lawyers website for more information about injury compensation.
Cairns Injury Lawyers is a practice group of Preston Law.
WorkCover claims & work related injuries
No matter who is at fault, if you have been injured at work you have the right to statutory compensation through WorkCover’s no-fault scheme.
It is important to understand the difference between making a claim to WorkCover for statutory benefits, and making a common law claim. The statutory benefits claim is accepted by WorkCover as a matter of course, except in very exceptional circumstances.
Motor vehicle accidents
If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident as a driver, passenger, cyclist, or pedestrian, you are probably entitled to compensation.
Under Queensland legislation, all vehicles must be registered and carry compulsory third party (CTP) insurance. This insurance covers compensation for people injured in a motor vehicle accident.
The only time you are not entitled to compensation is if you were proven to be solely or predominantly at fault for causing the accident.
In most cases, if you have been injured in a public space you are entitled to compensation from the public liability insurer of that property.
Public spaces include places like shopping centres, hotels or motels, parks, footpaths, daycare centres, schools, and even a friend or family member’s house.
Personal injury compensations claims types include:
- WorkCover claims –arising from a workplace incident
- Motor vehicle accident claims – whether you are the driver of a motor vehicle involved in an accident, a passenger in a motor vehicle involved in an accident, or a pedestrian or cyclist involved in a motor vehicle accident
- Public liability claims – when you are injured in a public space
- Dependency claims – when you are the financial dependents (such as the children, wives or husbands) of a person who has been killed in an accident.
It is essential to identify, very early, the type of claim that you’re entitled to make. It’s common that a personal injury claim falls into more than one of the categories above.
No-win no-fee, no hidden costs
We guarantee you highly competitive hourly rates and, where appropriate, fixed fees.
In addition, we work on a no-win no-fee basis, and there are no hidden costs.
Compensation services guarantee
- Your compensation claim will be handled by an expert, senior lawyer in Cairns.
- You will deal with the same senior lawyer and senior paralegal from the start of your claim until the conclusion of your claim, so you will never have duplicated costs from multiple lawyers acting on your behalf.
- Where possible, we will work on a no-win no-fee agreed fixed-fee basis.
There are strict time limits for making a claim – don’t miss out on compensation.
Contact our Cairns Personal Injury team today.
Due to legal restrictions in Queensland, we can’t provide photos or details about our expertise in injury claims on this website.