Preston Law gives you expert representation and support in criminal matters and traffic offences.
If you find yourself under suspicion, charged with an offence, or facing the loss of your licence, you need expert advice and advocacy immediately. Preston Law will help you navigate the legal maze to arrive at the best possible result.
Loss of your driver’s licence, even for a short period, can seriously impact your life, family, and work. Summary offences (such as traffic offences and petty crime) and indictable offences (more serious offences) can create even greater burdens.
Our litigation solicitors can advise and represent you on traffic, licence and other driving offences relating to:
- drink driving and drug driving
- driving while unlicensed, or while licence cancelled or disqualified/suspended
- driving an unregistered and uninsured vehicle
- dangerous or negligent driving
- road rage, predatory driving
- minor and major vehicle defect notices
- detention, impounding, and forfeiture of vehicles.
Preston Law will help you make your best case to minimise penalties, fines, and disqualification periods. Our services include:
- advising of potential penalties, disqualification periods, and fines
- obtaining expert reports, if required, including pharmacological and crash investigation reports
- appearing with you and representing you in court to defend or appeal traffic or licence offences.
Preston Law will expertly support you in a range of court matters, including those relating to:
- drink drive and drug drive
- committal hearings
- defended hearings
- drug possession and other drug matters
- false statements and perjury matters
- fraud and white collar crime
- malicious damage
- neighbourhood problems
- offensive language and offensive conduct (summary offences)
- proceeds of crime and money laundering
- sentencing proceedings
- stealing and stolen goods.
We will guide you through legal and court processes and make it as straightforward as possible, including:
- advising whether to enter a plea of guilty, or defend the charge; if pleading guilty, work with you to minimise the penalty you receive
- appearing with you and representing you in advising on appeals and other applications that affect your licence
- helping you obtain good quality character references.
Contact us for expert local advice and assistance.
Results for clients
- Preston Law has acted as solicitor advocate in more than 300 sentences and work licence applications. We have instructed Counsel and Queen’s Counsel in proceedings for both summary and indictable offences in the District, Magistrates and Supreme Courts of Australia as well as the Court of Appeal.