We know how complex it can be to ensure that your operation complies with the wide ranging and ever-evolving legislation in Queensland that affects your business.
We understand the high cost that these compliance matters can have on a business, which is why we work in partnership with our clients to help achieve the least possible impact on business operations, but at the same time ensuring our clients’ risk profile remains as low as it can be.
Our lawyers at Preston Law have the breadth of experience to be able to advise on all statutory compliance matters that you may face. These include:
- Environmental, planning, native title and cultural heritage frameworks;
- Vegetation management;
- Legislation relating to stock and stock movements;
- Legislation relating to biosecurity and pest plants and animals;
- Work health and safety and employment;
- Mining, petroleum and gas.
- Judicial Review of Government decisions
Results for clients
- Successfully negotiating land tenure conversions and upgrades for primary producers including addressing native title requirements;
- Acting for a primary producer in the Planning and Environment Court eg for the establishment of a free-range pig farm on the Atherton Tablelands;
- Defending primary producers prosecuted by the State for land clearing and cultural heritage offences;
- Providing advice on compliance options under the Biosecurity Act 2014 to stop the spread of an invasive weed;
- Providing advice on liability following a road incident involving wandering stock.
- Testing unfair decisions of bureaucrats in the Supreme Court and Federal Court on review