In the life of any business, it is inevitable that disputes will be encountered. In many cases the disputes are capable of resolution by negotiation and through alternate dispute resolution avenues, however there are occasions when litigation is unavoidable.
Our team of commercial dispute experts have unparalleled experience coupled with the depth of resources necessary to represent clients in disputes of any nature, large or small through alternative dispute resolution or litigation.
Our team’s unparalleled breadth of experience and outcomes mean you will be in the best possible hands to resolve any dispute you encounter on the best possible terms, in the fastest possible time and at a minimum of expense.
Our services include:
- Contract disputes;
- Property disputes;
- Construction disputes;
- Corporations Act litigation; and
- Competition and Consumer Act disputes
Results for clients:
- Acting for plaintiff in successfully obtaining judgement for in excess of $5,000,000.00 specific performance and damages including $5,000,000.00 in the Cairns Supreme Court whilst at the same time obtaining judgement in respect of the defendant’s counterclaim.
- Successfully acting for vendor under a land and business contract in proceedings initially in the Queensland Supreme Court and finally in the Court of Appeal in respect of defending claims by a purchaser asserting damages and no specific performance.
- Representing a franchisor in respect of deceptive and misleading action against a supplier of goods in Queensland Supreme Court. Proceedings were ultimately resolved on the basis of our client being compensated extensively for goods which had been purchased off the strength of misrepresentations by the defendant.
- Acting for mining corporation in successfully resisting proceedings by tenement owners arising in respect of disputes under a royalties agreement in which millions in damages had been sought.